Magic Rock Brewing is looking for a new brewer/cellarperson to join our growing team. As ever, our focus is on robust quality assurance and quality control procedures that will ensure that Magic Rock beers continue to be the best they can be and that we continue to exemplify a culture of quality, creativity and improvement.
We are looking for a brewer who is as passionate about our beer as we are and has a strong track record of promoting quality assurance, production efficiency, and a positive work environment. As a shift brewer/cellarperson you will be responsible for all production and treatment of wort/beer, from raw materials to the point of packaging, including maintaining quality and sanitation.
- Performing cellar operations including monitoring gravities, yeast handling and dry hopping.
- Operating Brewhouse efficiently and producing batched from start to finish.
- Preparing beer for transfers and packaging, packaging beer into kegs and casks.
- QC work – sample taking, cell counts, pH, gravity, etc.
- Thorough record-keeping of brew day, fermentation, and packaging.
- Adhering to health and safety regulation at all times.
- Ensure a clean and sanitary working environment.
- Legal right to work in the U.K.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a brewing or cellar production role at a brewery.
- Flexible schedule to work shifts with occasional weekend work.
- A good understanding of hygienic process demonstrated by consistent implementation in your work history.
- A good understanding of CIP systems and relevant chemical usage and interaction.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of good QA/QC practice and beer analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of the brewing process.
This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary. Must be able to do shift work and perform occasional weekend checks. Ideally, the candidate for this position would hold a relevant brewing qualification i.e. IBD, Heriot-Watt University, and/or a qualification in Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, Microbiology, Mechanical Engineering, or Food Science/Technology.
Magic Rock Brewing is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and eliminating discrimination from society and the workplace. As a company, we strive to ensure that no individual or group is treated more or less favourably than others under any protected characteristic for any other reason or will be disadvantaged by any conditions of employment or requirements.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and believe providing good compensation and working conditions to our people is the right thing to do and will provide our people with a platform to be the best they can be.
Please email all CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 4/4/21SHARE THIS